Pages

500 Feet Away

Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday I was itching to get out of our apartment and it had been a while since I picked up my camera. I took a class in the spring from Ashley at Under the Sycamore. It was a great class and I decided I should finally put some of those newly learned skills to use. Our apartment is right by a portage so I figured I could get a few nice and interesting pictures.
^^^ Just incase you should get any funny ideas. 
Some of the rocks, pebbles and plant life. 


I'm not sure what kind of flowers these are but I thought I'd snap a few photos. Most of them were pretty pathetic looking, but I did manage to find one that was in decent shape. 


This was the first time that I'd seen the flowers above. I have no clue what they are, but don't they have an air of exoticism to them?




One of the big reasons J and I chose our apartment is because of the Portage view and because the local public library is almost literally our next door neighbor and I.LOVE.TO.READ! I have absolutely loved being able to walk 100 feet to pick out a new novel. It's also great for the poor newlywed budget. 

I'm not sure why, but one day I opened our window and saw the drop boxes decorated with all this crocheted yarn. It was unique and something I'd like to remember so I snapped a few photos. 



The colors are wonderfully vibrant and I especially love the ruffle fringe hanging on the bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment